- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup roasted makhana/foxnuts
- 1 tsp pure saffron/kesar strands
- 3 tbsp chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios)
- 2 tsp pumpkin/kaddu seeds to garnish
- 1 tbsp jaggery/gud powder or 2 tbsp dates/khajoor puree made at home
- Heat the almond milk.
- Once it starts boiling add the saffron and nuts.
- Now add the makhana.
- Give it 2 boils.
- Add the nuts and jaggery/dates puree
- Turn off the gas.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Serve hot.
- Makhana is rich in calcium, protein and magnesium.
- Almond milk is rich in Vitamin E, magnesium, calcium, good fats and protein.
Download PDF: Makhana Kheer
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Luke Coutinho practices in the field of Holistic Nutrition and Integrative and Lifestyle Medicine. He is the pioneer and founder of the You Care Wellness Program which has consulted and treated over 20,000 patients globally. This integrative lifestyle program revolves around five fundamental pillars - Cellular Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, Emotional Detox, and the Spirit. It has now stemmed into a beautiful community with over a million people. His free videos, blogs, challenges, and programs have helped people reverse lifestyle conditions, put cancers into remission, and overcome suicidal tendencies to live happier lives.
Luke has authored four bestsellers and won several national and international awards. He is the Champion for Lifestyle and Wellness for PM Narendra Modi’s Fit India Movement. He is the founder of India's first ethical wellness platform, You Care Lifestyle, where all things are verified by Luke and his team. He is also the founder and chief program mentor for Integrative Nutrition and Dietetics courses at the Lifeness Science Institute (LSI). He travels the world to speak on holistic wellness and empower people to live their most extraordinary life.
Thank you Luke
Most welcome, Dolly 🙂