Cold Potato SaladPriyanka Vithlani
Cold Potato Salad
- Large pot for boiling water
- 500 g baby potatoes or yellow potatoes boiled cooled, diced and kept aside
- Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover.
- Bring the water to a boil, cover with the lid, lower the heat and cook another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Check if they are done by piercing a knife or fork.
- Drain the potatoes immediately and allow the to cool down completely. The idea is to convert them into resistant starch. Once cooled, dice them and keep aside.
- To make the dressing
- To the olive oil, add jeera powder, oregano, salt, pepper, finely chopped spring onions and coriander. Mix this well and drizzle on cooled potatoes.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Mix everything together.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Place in the refrigerator and serve cold.
- Cooked and cooled potatoes are a perfect source of resistance starch.
- The beauty of resistant starch is that it resists digestion in the small intestine and when it reaches the large intestine, it is converted into Short Chain Fatty Acids and butyric acid which benefits gut health.
- Resistant starch does not cause a spike in insulin levels and is a safer choice for diabetics. As compared to hot potatoes.
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at email@example.com.