Cold Potato SaladPriyanka Vithlani
Cold Potato Salad
- Large pot for boiling water
- 500 g baby potatoes or yellow potatoes boiled cooled, diced and kept aside
For the dressing:
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp roasted jeera/cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper/ kali mirch
- 2 sprigs of spring onions/hara pyaaz - finely chopped
- salt to taste
- coriander/dhaniya finely chopped
- to garnish parsley
- juice of 1 lime/nimbu
- Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover.
- Bring the water to a boil, cover with the lid, lower the heat and cook another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Check if they are done by piercing a knife or fork.
- Drain the potatoes immediately and allow the to cool down completely. The idea is to convert them into resistant starch. Once cooled, dice them and keep aside.
- To make the dressing
- To the olive oil, add jeera powder, oregano, salt, pepper, finely chopped spring onions and coriander. Mix this well and drizzle on cooled potatoes.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Mix everything together.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Place in the refrigerator and serve cold.
- Cooked and cooled potatoes are a perfect source of resistance starch.
- The beauty of resistant starch is that it resists digestion in the small intestine and when it reaches the large intestine, it is converted into Short Chain Fatty Acids and butyric acid which benefits gut health.
- Resistant starch does not cause a spike in insulin levels and is a safer choice for diabetics. As compared to hot potatoes.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply