A super nutritious and traditional lentil-based preparation. Its a perfect balance of protein, zinc, manganese, folic acid, fibre and iron, vitamin A, B3, zinc, copper, magnesium, selenium, iron and calcium. Besides lentils, it contains a variety of ingredients like turmeric, black pepper, curry leaves, tomatoes, tamarind and drumsticks – making it a powerful immunity booster and a sure-fire way to release excess mucous from the body. It also helps in stimulating digestion and can be used as a remedy to fight bloating and flatulence.
Tamarind 1 lemon sized ball
Drumsticks 3 sticks
Chopped coriander for garnish
Pink Himalayan salt to taste
Tur dal 2 tbsp ( soaked for 10-12 hrs)
Hing a pinch
Ingredients for rasam powder :
Pure A2 cow ghee 1 tbsp
Coriander seeds 2 tsp
Peppercorns 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Tur dal 2 tsp
Ingredients for seasoning :
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Tomato 1 medium
Curry leaves few
Pure A2 cow ghee 1 tsp
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice.
- Pressure cook the tur dal, mash and keep it aside.
- Wash, chop and boil the Drumstick pieces
- Heat the pan, add the grinding ingredients remove it and grind this in a mixer.
- To the tamarind juice and drumstick, add curry leaves and hing and give it a boil.
- Add the mashed dal with 2 cups of water and continue boiling.
- Finally add the ground masala. When you smell the aroma, turn off the flame.
- Heat another pan -add ghee, mustard seeds, curry leaves and chopped tomatoes and sauté till cooked and finally add it to the rasam.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves
- Drumstick regulates sugar levels and boosts immunity. Its great at boosting hemoglobin levels too
- The combination of tamarind, tomato, pepper have an antioxidant effect and contains wealth of trace minerals.
- Facilitates easy digestion.
- A great soup for cold and coughs.
Download PDF: Drumstick Rasam