Kokum CoolantPriyanka Vithlani
- Mixing bowl
- Soak 7 to 8 kokum in warm or normal water for a few minutes and strain the extract.
- Transfer the kokum water to a bowl and add coconut milk, pink salt, asafoetida and mix it well.
- Take freshly crushed green chilies, ginger, and garlic in a strainer and dip them in kokum water to extract their flavors.
- Now add a little coconut oil to a pan for tempering. When the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds, curry leaves and mix them in the kokum mixture.
- Sol Kadhi or Kokum Coolant is ready to be served.
Adjust the consistency to ensure it is not too sour.
Avoid reheating it. Just refrigerate if you want to store it. Let it sit out for an hour before you consume it.
You can garnish it with freshly powdered flax seeds and cilantro for additional flavor and a health boost. Notes:
This drink acts as a coolant and aids digestion. A reason why many people drink Sol Kadhi /kokum coolant after eating a heavy meal.
It is used for treating skin rashes and prickly heat as it has cooling properties.
The leaves, roots, bark, fruits, seeds, and shells of the kokum tree – all hold medicinal value.
When consuming, ensure to sip slowly and enjoy this tummy pacifier.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today