Monsoon Special momos – Enjoy health and taste in every bitePriyanka Vithlani
Monsoon Special momos - Enjoy health and taste in every bite
- Mixing bowl
- 1 cup Ragi flour can use jowar/Amaranth flour too
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 2 to 3 tbsp Sattu flour
- 1 Grated Carrot
- 6 nos. French beans chopped
- 1/4 cup Shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled peas
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Cold pressed Sesame oil.
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chop all the vegetables.
- In a BLENDER , take all the chopped vegetables, ginger, garlic and pulse them till they are coarsely done.
- Heat oil in a pan,stir fry the vegetables for few minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper,Ajwain then mix well and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a separate bowl mix in the Ragi, Rice flour and sattu flour with a pinch of salt.
- Add in water and form a dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.(cover the dough with a soft muslin cloth and set it aside).
- Divide the dough into smaller portions and roll out each smaller portion into a thin circular sheet.
- Fill the stuffing in these thin sheets, then fold the edges to form the momos.
- Seal the edges well and steam for about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with garlic chutney.
- Momo is a steamed dumpling native to East and North eastern parts of India and Nepal.
- It hails from Tibet and Traditionally the filling was typically meat due to the scarcity of vegetables in Tibet.
- However, like all other dishes, it has evolved over a period so that vegetarians too can get the benefit of tasting this delicious dish.
- Use your creativity and stuff it with colorful vegetables,Minced Chicken or even Steamed Sprouts.
- Make use of the special steamed delicacy this monsoon and enjoy the goodness of Vitamins, fiber and antioxidants.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply