HOLI SPECIAL – Almond milk ThandaiLuke Coutinho
- Coffee/Masala Grinder
- Air Tight Jar
- 1/4 cup pistachio unsalted
- 1/4 cup mix of walnuts and cashew nuts unsalted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons melon seeds
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 10 pods green cardamom seeds only
- 2 tablespoons dried rose petals
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
Home Made Almond Milk
- 12 almonds
- 1 glass water
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- Place all the ingredients for the thandai masala in a clean, dry coffee/ masala grinder.
- Grind the above ingredients to a fine powder.
- Leave the mixture to a little chunky in texture
- Store in air tight jar and refrigerate.
Homemade Almond Milk
- Soak 10-12 almonds overnight.
- Next day, discard the water and blenderize the soaked almonds using a bit of water to make a fine paste.
- Then add a glass of water to get a thin consistency milk. Do not sieve (keep the fiber intact).
- Blend a glass of almond milk, some organic jaggery or raw unpasteurized honey as per your choice, and according to your taste and 2 teaspoons of thandai masala in a blender.
- Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Serve in a glass or even better, a kulhad and garnish with dried rose petals/ saffron / chopped pistachios. Enjoy chilled!
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today