Khichdi – What’s on my plate?Priyanka Vithlani
Khichdi – What’s on my plate?
- Pressure cooker
- 1/2 cup parboiled rice soaked for 3-4 hours
- 1/2 cup dhuli dal split moong dal soaked for 6-8 hrs. One can use a mix of chana dal, split moong dal and yellow moong dal to make it protein rich
- 2 tbsp ethically sourced organic A2 ghee
- A pinch of Ceylon cinnamon/dalchini
- 2 elaichi pods/cardamom
- 1 cloves/laung
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera seeds
- 1 inch grated ginger/adrak
- 1/2 tsp immunity powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida/hing
- half cup veggies bottle gourd, carrots, peas - any vegetables available
- salt – to taste
- 4 cups water
- Rinse and soak rice and dal for 3-4 and 6-8 hours respectively to make it more digestible and get rid of anti-nutrients.
- Heat ghee first and roast all the whole spices in it.
- Now add ginger, immunity powder and hing.
- Add the veggies.
- Add salt and water.
- Pressure cook for four whistles.
- Relish it with a dollop of ghee.
- Add salad to your plate for added fibre and raw enzymes. You can make a simple onion-tomato kachumber salad with boiled beets. Sprinkle lemon juice, rock salt and jeera powder over it.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today