Khichdi – What’s on my plate?Priyanka Vithlani
Khichdi – What’s on my plate?
- Pressure cooker
- 1/2 cup parboiled rice soaked for 3-4 hours
- 1/2 cup dhuli dal split moong dal soaked for 6-8 hrs. One can use a mix of chana dal, split moong dal and yellow moong dal to make it protein rich
- 2 tbsp ethically sourced organic A2 ghee
- A pinch of Ceylon cinnamon/dalchini
- 2 elaichi pods/cardamom
- 1 cloves/laung
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera seeds
- 1 inch grated ginger/adrak
- 1/2 tsp immunity powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida/hing
- half cup veggies bottle gourd, carrots, peas - any vegetables available
- salt – to taste
- 4 cups water
- Rinse and soak rice and dal for 3-4 and 6-8 hours respectively to make it more digestible and get rid of anti-nutrients.
- Heat ghee first and roast all the whole spices in it.
- Now add ginger, immunity powder and hing.
- Add the veggies.
- Add salt and water.
- Pressure cook for four whistles.
- Relish it with a dollop of ghee.
- Add salad to your plate for added fibre and raw enzymes. You can make a simple onion-tomato kachumber salad with boiled beets. Sprinkle lemon juice, rock salt and jeera powder over it.
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at email@example.com.