Beetroot khichdi (BEET it Up)Priyanka Vithlani
Beetroot khichdi (BEET it Up)
- Pressure cooker
- Mortar and pestle /mixer to crush the garlic
- Start by rinsing the soaked rice and moong dal with enough water.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Once hot, add hing and then cumin seeds.
- Once it starts sizzling, add beetroot and crushed or minced garlic.
- Sauté for a minute or two.
- Drain the water from soaked rice and dal. And add to the cooker. Sauté for a minute and add 1/4 tsp salt (if using). Stir and add 2 cups of water.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook it for 4-5 whistles on medium flame.
- Once the pressure subsides, open the lid and serve the khichdi with some more ghee.
- Beets contain a high concentration of nitrates, which have a blood pressure-lowering effect. It also promotes better blood flow to the brain thereby improving cognitive function and possibly reduce the risk of dementia.
- Beets are a good source of fibre, which is beneficial for digestive health.
- Beetroot is a delicious and versatile vegetable that is easy to add to your diet. Choose beets that are heavy for their size with green tops still attached.
- Make a salad, hummus, juice or even a dip too and reap the wonderful benefits.
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at email@example.com.