Dal Palak (Indian Lentil and Spinach Curry)Priyanka Vithlani
Dal Palak (Indian Lentil and Spinach Curry)
- Pressure cooker
- Cooking pan
- ⅓ cup yellow lentil / dhuli moong dal / masur dal pre-soaked for 8 hrs
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup spinach / palak / fresh fenugreek leaves methi - chopped as per availability
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp immunity powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp A2 ghee
- 1 tsp ginger - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp hing asafoetida
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander - chopped
- Wash the dal and transfer it to a pressure cooker.
- Add 3 cups of water, chopped spinach / methi, salt and turmeric powder, immunity powder.
- Pressure cook till done (2-3 whistles).
- Once done, open the lid.
- Add lemon juice in cooked dal.
- Transfer the dal in the serving bowl.
- Heat A2 ghee in a small pan.
- When the ghee is hot, add ginger and garlic.
- Fry till garlic is slightly browned.
- Add cumin seeds and hing.
- Switch off the gas, pour the tadka over the dal.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice/ roti/ bhakri as per choice
- Dal Palak is an instant pot-friendly dish, rich in protein and fibre.
- You may use any dal from yellow moong dal, green moong dal, pink masoor to pigeon peas, chana dal too.
- Be sure of using chemical free spinach and preferably garden grown.
- Clean spinach leaves extremely well, especially during the monsoon season.
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at email@example.com.