Sweet Potato soupPriyanka Vithlani
Sweet Potato Soup
- Pressure cooker
- 500 gm sweet potato
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ tsp organic turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper – as per taste
- 3-4 cups water
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme herbs are optional and as per availability
- 2 tsp A2 cow ghee
- ½ cup coconut milk optional
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until tender.
- Add sweet potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add water (about 3-4 cups) and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pressure cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Turn off the burner.
- Open the lid and using a hand blender, puree the soup in the pot until smooth.
- Stir in thyme, turmeric, coconut milk (if desired) and salt and pepper as per taste and cook for 2-3 mins more.
- Relish and enjoy the super immunity boosting soup.
- Adding some coconut milk will bring about a creamy texture.
- Can add fresh greens like spinach, spring onion - as per availability along with the sweet potato for more variations.
- Top it with soaked pumpkin seeds too for the extra crunch.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in fibre and antioxidants that promote growth of good gut bacteria thereby contributing to a healthy gut.
- It’s a great energy dense food options for individuals who feel weak and in need of energy.
- They are great sources of beta carotene that boosts vision and overall eye health
- Anthocyanin-rich sweet potato helps improve brain health by reducing inflammation.
- Along with sweet potato that is a must-have during winter, the addition of cold-busting ingredients like garlic and black pepper helps keep the immune system in good shape.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply