Sweet Potato soupPriyanka Vithlani
Sweet Potato Soup
- Pressure cooker
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until tender.
- Add sweet potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add water (about 3-4 cups) and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pressure cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Turn off the burner.
- Open the lid and using a hand blender, puree the soup in the pot until smooth.
- Stir in thyme, turmeric, coconut milk (if desired) and salt and pepper as per taste and cook for 2-3 mins more.
- Relish and enjoy the super immunity boosting soup.
- Adding some coconut milk will bring about a creamy texture.
- Can add fresh greens like spinach, spring onion - as per availability along with the sweet potato for more variations.
- Top it with soaked pumpkin seeds too for the extra crunch.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in fibre and antioxidants that promote growth of good gut bacteria thereby contributing to a healthy gut.
- It’s a great energy dense food options for individuals who feel weak and in need of energy.
- They are great sources of beta carotene that boosts vision and overall eye health
- Anthocyanin-rich sweet potato helps improve brain health by reducing inflammation.
- Along with sweet potato that is a must-have during winter, the addition of cold-busting ingredients like garlic and black pepper helps keep the immune system in good shape.
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.